Make an Appointment
All of our doctors will help you deal with Acute and long-term health problems and illnesses. This will always involve advice on how you can help yourself, sometimes it will involve treatment in the surgery or medication, and at others referral to local hospitals may be necessary.
Patients can see the doctor of their choice and for ongoing and long-term health problems.
However, when you need to see a doctor urgently it may not always be possible to see your usual doctor.
To book an appointment, please either:
- Call the surgery you are registered with Jubilee Health Centre 02476 596060
- Broad Street Surgery 024 76 682486
- Visit reception in person
Patients can now book a GP appointment using our online secure web service, up to 3 weeks in advance subject to availability.
- with EMIS Patient Access.
This can be done by visiting the surgery with photo ID during surgery hours, (please note you will only have basic access to appointments until you attend with photo ID to confirm your identity)
You can Pre book an appointment 2 - 3 weeks in advance.
We make every effort to keep appointment times but there may be occasions when they overrun.
To Save Doctor Appointments - we have...
- Nurses - Routine pill checks, blood pressure, chronic disease checks, dressings, imminent travel vaccinations, ear syringing.
- Dental problems - your NHS dentist is contracted to treat you for emergency and routine dental care.
- NHS 111 Advice Line
Our experienced practice nurses are usually available to deal with the following:-
- Heart, Diabetic. Asthma and Epilepsy reviews
- Imminisation and Travel vaccinations
- Ear syringing
- Oral contraception, Smear tests, “morning-after” pill, coil checks
Chaperones for intimate examinations
We understand that it can be embarrassing or difficult to see the doctor or nurse alone for many problems. A chaperon can be provided by the practice to:
- Provide support, comfort and reassurance to patients
- Assist in the examination of patients
- Act as an interpreter
- Provide protection to healthcare professionals
If you feel you would like a chaperone present at your consultation with a Doctor or Nurse, please inform Reception who will be more than happy to organise one of our specially trained members of staff to support you.
We can book new antenatal appointments with the Midwife between 7-10 weeks, these are 1 hour appointments.
Always remember to bring to your appointments a sample of urine for the midwife to test. (which reception can provide you with)
If you have any pain,bleeding or gush of fuild please ring 024 76 967333, which is stated on your green book.
MAT B1 forms are given at over 20 weeks.
Our policy is NOT to prescribe unnecessary antibiotics.
THIS IS REGARDED AS GOOD MEDICAL PRACTICE. More information about
HEALTHY LIFESTYLE COUNSELLORS
These are available at both sites, via reception staff, they can help with stopping smoking and weight loss, as well as healthy living. please asl at reception for appointment.
Why are we strict about appointments?
We have tried to offer a variety of ways for patients to cancel their appointments but we still find that up to 300 appointments are wasted every month.
Appointments can be cancelled by phoning the surgery on 02476682486 or 024 76 596060 depending on which site your appointment is.
Unfortunately the practice has had to introduce a policy to manage this increasing problem.
- If a patient fails to attend a pre-booked appointment on 3 occasions in 12 months, an informal warning letter will be sent to the patient, advising them that a further occurrence could risk removal from the Practice.
- If the patient fails to attend another appointment, the matter will be discussed by the practice and a decision will be made as to whether the patient will be removed from the Practice list. In which case a formal warning letter will be issued.
- Warning letters are valid for a period of 12 months.
Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.