Order a Prescription
Repeat prescriptions are for patients with long term medical conditions who receive regular treatment. You can order repeat prescriptions by ringing the POD (Prescription ordering direct) phone line on 024 76246072. Or you can go online at Patient Access.
- Please allow 24 hours after submitting your request before collecting your prescription from the surgery or at your named Pharmacy.
- It is the patients responsibility to check the stock of their medication, and ensure they do not run out of their supply, and then request a repeat prescription at the last minute.
- Please ensure you are attending your medication reviews regularly, especially if you are taking multiple repeat medications.
- Do not stockpile drugs at home, please return them to your local pharmacy who can dispose of them
NHS prescription costs. The current prescription charge is £8.60 per item (£17.20 per pair of elastic hosiery). A three monthly PPC is £29.10 and will save you money if you need more than three prescribed items in three months.
Hospital requests for medication
Please note these are normally non urgent and can take 5 working days to process.
If you have a hospital prescription it is normal that you exchange this at the hospital pharmacy, as they are not accepted in community Pharmacies.
Doctors are not allowed to prescribe blacklisted drugs to our patients on the NHS. This includes products such as shampoos, mouth wash, toothpaste, oral drops, eye drops, multivitamins, socks, certain creams for skin, and beauty lotion.
Many items are blacklisted and are not available on prescription in Coventry and Warwickshire. The majority of these items are available to buy over the counter
items not available:
- Buscopan IBS relief
- Opticom Allergy
- Corsodyl Mouthwash and others
- Multivitiamins, Co-enzyme Q10
- Abidec, Dalivit drop
- Buccastem M
- Ibandronic acid 150mg monthly
- Simple Linctus
- Aveeno and Eucerin
- Armour Thyroid
- Buscopan Cramps
- Supranette Wipes
- Glucosamine, Prestylon and Omacor
- Veil Cream
- Loceryl Nail Lacquer Kit
- Codeine Linctus
Please see http://www.coventrywarksapc.nhs.uk/Home for further information and the most up-to-date list.
Please take care to complete the form accurately to order a repeat prescription from the surgery.
Any field marked with * is mandatory